We, AKG Trading (UK) Ltd. (“AKG Trading”), hereby warrant that Çimstone branded slabs will remain free from defects arising from the manufacture of the slab for a period of 10 years for the United Kingdom market from the date of installation. It covers any defects in the manufacture of the original Çimstone slabs. The subsequent fabrication, installation and workmanship are not covered under this warranty. This warranty is valid for the slabs installed with respect to the Çimstone Fabrication and Application Manual and maintained with respect to Çimstone Care and Maintenance leaflet and is to be activated by your registration online at www.cimstone.co.uk within 30 (thirty) days of the installation.
Terms and conditions:
Çimstone slabs are manufactured from natural quartz minerals, therefore they reflect the characteristics of the quartz used in production. This may cause some variation in colour and partial shade and texture alterations in the finished products. Each slab is unique and minor imperfections, slight colour and texture variations may be considered normal. There are even colour and texture variations between the samples and the full slabs. Therefore, final colour selection must be made from an actual full slab of Çimstone.
• Only applies to Çimstone slabs which are purchased from the United Kingdom market and manufactured from A grade slabs.
• Only applies to slabs that have been installed properly by approved fabricators according to Çimstone Fabrication and Application Manual.
• Only applies to Çimstone slabs which were installed in a residence for countertop usage after 01 October 2011.
• Only available to a person who activate 10 Year Limited Warranty by completing and submitting the registration from online at www.cimstone.co.uk within 30 days following the installation of Çimstone slab in a residence for countertop usage. A domestic residence shall relate to any location which is a private residence used for familial habitation and for no commercial purpose whatsoever.
• This warranty is not transferable or assignable.
• Available only when the Çimstone slab has been fully paid for.
• Valid only when the Çimstone slab is used for the specific purpose as countertops. This limited warranty is valid when the Çimstone slab is permanently installed and has not been moved from the original installation.
• Applicable to Çimstone slabs that have been cared and maintained according to the instructions in the Çimstone Care and Maintenance leaflet.
• The obligation of AKG Trading for a period of 10 years is limited to either replace the defective Çimstone slab with the same features (colour, thickness, etc) as those of the Çimstone slab acquired by the original purchaser in terms and conditions specified herein, or refund the purchase price of the slab. However, if the production of colour has been ceased, it will be replaced, where possible, by a similar colour available at that time.
AKG Trading will only be responsible for proved manufacturing defects in the original slab which shall be determined by AKG Trading in its sole and absolute discretion. AKG Trading and/or its representatives will have the right to examine any purportedly defective Çimstone slab and its installation and maintenance procedure.
The limited warranty is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for purpose, or other warranty of quality, whether express or implied, and all other liabilities or obligations on the part of AKG Trading. Under no circumstances, AKG Trading will be liable for direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, consequential or other damages of any kind whatsoever, regardless of the cause of such damage.
This 10-year limited warranty does not cover:
• Outdoor applications
• Flooring applications
• Use for any commercial purposes (commercial use includes but not limited with the use in all kinds of shops, hotels, offices and other job sites other than domestic residences)
• Damages occurred by dropping heavy objects
• Improper use or abuse
• Damage for misuse and mishandling of the product
• Damage from excessive heat
• Damage from ultraviolet light or even exposure to weather conditions
• Physical or chemical abuse
• Damage from improper care and maintenance not in accordance with the Çimstone Care and Maintenance leaflet
• Chips (damages caused by rubbing or knocking objects on the edges of the product)
• Cracks and other excessive impact damages (Cracks in the countertops are not a material fault; cracking is the result of externally induced mechanical stress on the material after installation. The most likely causes are settlement or movement, excessive weight being placed on the product, such as standing or sitting on them. Heat, as explained may also result in a crack. Any crack emanating from a sink cut-out, cook top cut-out or “L” shaped cut-out is also not covered under this limited warranty. These are not caused by any fault in the slab.)
• What is referred to as spots or blemishes (A certain level of spots or blemishes are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the slab.)
• Any damages occurred during installation or fabrication of the slabs by the fabricator
• Routine maintenance (Routine maintenance includes but not limited to the minor cleaning efforts such as the removal of watermarks or similar marks on the slab that could easily be removed or avoided by the techniques explained in Çimstone Care and Maintenance leaflet.)
• Improper installation (Improper fabrication or installation is the responsibility of the fabricator/installer.)
• Installations made by unqualified and/or not licensed stonemason
• Any irregularity in the slab that exists prior to fabricating and installation and present in the final installed product (This is a fabrication issue.)
• Any defects that are visible at the time of installation and not avoided during installation
• Natural variations in the colour, size, shape and distribution of the pattern of the natural quartz or the natural variations in background tone within or on the surface of the slab
• Appearance and performance of the joints
• Damage or injury caused completely or partially by the first majure conditions, job site conditions, architectural and engineering design, structural movement, acts of vandalism or accidents
• Transportation, freight, tear-out, disposal or reinstallation, fabrication costs or other additional costs beyond the cost of the slabs
• Any additional or supplemental repairs and/or modifications (The subsequent fabrication, application and workmanship is not covered under this warranty such as any plumbing, electrical, tile or wall surface modifications that may be necessary to repair or replace the product etc. Such repairs and modifications shall be the responsibility of the purchaser.)
• Places where further construction work is done after the installation of the product
• Any applications made by a person other than the one who registered the warranty online at www.cimstone.co.uk to obtain service under this limited warranty.
• Cases, where the product information on the back of each slab has been removed out (Removing this slab information will void the warranty.)
• Differences between small samples and the purchased final slab (The small samples are indicative only and slabs must be chosen from big slabs for application.)
• Dislike after installation due to color, edging styles or other opinions based on personal preference or later changes of choice (Replacement requests because of these reasons are not under the cover of this warranty.)
• Naturally occurring variations in appearance caused by artificial or natural lighting (Changes in the appearance of the product from reflected light is a natural part of the product.)
• Not getting uniform look when two different slabs with organic effects and/or particulars put together adjacently (These kinds of variations do not affect the performance. These variations are not under the cover of this warranty.)
• The randomness of vein effect (For textures that contain non-directional movement like vein effect, different parts of the slab may not keep uniformity and overall aesthetic. This is not considered as a defect but it is normal variation.)
• Damages occurring from chemicals on the products including organic effect materials (422 Riviera with seashells do not have the same properties and resistance as with other Çimstone products. This is the inherent characteristics of seashell.)
• Fingerprints or marks on velvet products (Çimstone Velvet finishes require more daily maintenance than other polished finishes. Because of the three-dimensional feeling of its surface, metal marks, finger prints and other signs of daily living will be more apparent.)
All decisions regarding to this warranty are at the sole discretion of AKG Trading. No representative, dealer, salesperson, distributor, fabricator or any other person is authorized to make any warranty or promises on behalf of AKG Trading except the ones granted herein.